Business and Commercial
Critical Motions / Appeals
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Yeshiva University, B.S., Marketing, magna cum laude, 2008
Judge Avern Cohn, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2015-2016
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Brittney Kohn focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on critical motions and appeals in both federal and state courts. Her background includes a broad range of litigation matters, including contract disputes, product liability, consumer protection, and real estate law. Brittney also serves as a member of BSP’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
- Lead associate defending automaker in federal multi-district litigation pertaining to alleged gearshift product defect.
- Lead associate defending environmental-services firm in putative class actions, individual actions, and an Attorney General enforcement action related to the Flint water crisis.
- Lead associate defending truck manufacturer in multi-million dollar contract dispute.
- Represented major automobile manufacturer in federal investigation regarding vulnerabilities in vehicle technology systems.
- Counsel for major automobile manufacturer for nationwide hybrid tax-incentive campaign.
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Brittney was a Staff Attorney – Litigation Manager at Credit Acceptance Corporation, where she actively managed the company’s consumer protection litigation in 25 states and the company’s national Telephone Consumer Protection Act litigation portfolio. She also clerked at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan under the Honorable Judge Avern Cohn. During law school, she clerked at Williams, Williams, Rattner, & Plunkett and The Health Law Partners.
Brittney received her J.D, Cum Laude, from Wayne State University Law School in 2015. There she served as the Symposium Editor of the Wayne Law Review. She received her B.S., Magna Cum Laude, in Marketing from Yeshiva University. Brittney is fluent in Hebrew.
American Bar Association, Member
Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan, Member
Jewish Bar Association of Michigan, Member
NAMWOLF, Emerging Leaders Committee, Member and Chair of Speaker Series
“Detroit Institute of Arts: A Cultural Gem or Detroit’s Piggy Bank?,” 60 Wayne. L. Rev. 515 (2014)
For the Community
Brittney volunteered weekly as a tutor for Detroit Public Schools through TutorMate, a program that works to increase literacy rates in urban schools by connecting professionals and students for tutoring sessions.
Coolest Place I Ever Lived: Jerusalem, Israel
Favorite Sport: Fencing
Perfect Vacation: Weekend on Mackinac Island