Business and Commercial
Critical Motions / Appeals
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Yeshiva University, B.S., Marketing, magna cum laude, 2008
Judge Avern Cohn, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2015-2016
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Brittney Kohn focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on critical motions and appeals in both federal and state courts. Her background includes a broad range of litigation matters, including appeals, product liability, contract disputes, consumer protection, and real estate law. Brittney also serves as a member of BSP’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
Critical Motions and Appeals
- Critical motions and appellate counsel for automobile manufacturer clients in product liability actions in state and federal courts across the country
- Successfully defended appeal of Americans with Disabilities Act suit brought by a former employee against a major automobile manufacturer
- Successfully defended appeal of race discrimination and retaliation suit brought by a former employee against a major automobile manufacturer
Business and Commercial Litigation
- Defended trucking manufacturer in $80-million supply-contract dispute
- Secured a favorable settlement in a shareholder oppression matter
- Represented medical professional in LLC member dispute, which led to minority member being able to buyout partners on favorable terms
- Defended environmental-services firm in putative class actions, individual actions, and an Attorney General enforcement action related to the Flint water crisis
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of federal constitutional suit on behalf of government entity
- Reached favorable settlement in State action brought under the Drug Dealer Liability Act against drug distributor defendants
- Defended a major automobile manufacturer in federal multi-district litigation pertaining to alleged gearshift product defect
- Represented major automobile manufacturer in federal investigation regarding vulnerabilities in vehicle technology systems
- Represented amicus party before the Michigan Supreme Court in restrictive covenant dispute
- Michigan counsel for pharmaceutical and financial services companies
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Brittney was a Staff Attorney – Litigation Manager at Credit Acceptance Corporation, where she actively managed the company’s consumer protection litigation in 25 states and the company’s national Telephone Consumer Protection Act litigation portfolio.
Before entering private practice, Brittney clerked for the Honorable Judge Avern Cohn of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. During law school, she clerked at Williams, Williams, Rattner, & Plunkett and The Health Law Partners.
Brittney received her J.D, Cum Laude, from Wayne State University Law School in 2015. There, she served as the Symposium Editor of the Wayne Law Review. She received her B.S., Magna Cum Laude, in Marketing from Yeshiva University.
Honors & Awards
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch: Commercial Litigation (2023)
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2022)
Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Michigan, Former Law Clerk Committee Member
National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms, Emerging Leaders Committee Member and Speaker Series Chair
State Bar of Michigan, Member
“Detroit Institute of Arts: A Cultural Gem or Detroit’s Piggy Bank?,” 60 Wayne. L. Rev. 515 (2014)
For the Community
Brittney volunteered with the Ford Law Academy and as a tutor for Detroit Public Schools through TutorMate.
Coolest Place I Ever Lived: Jerusalem, Israel
Favorite Sport: Fencing
Perfect Vacation: Weekend on Mackinac Island