Business & Commercial
American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2005
Vanderbilt University, B.A., Economics, Political Science, 2002
Michigan State Courts
Commonwealth of Massachusetts Courts
U.S. Court of International Trade
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Lindsay E. DeMoss focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, product liability, and class actions. She has experience representing clients in federal and state courts for complex commercial, product liability, multidistrict, class action, customs, RICO, trade secret, and intellectual property litigation matters.
- Trial and appellate counsel responsible for all aspects of litigation in complex commercial matter resulting in a $67.7 million judgment.
- Trial counsel responsible for all aspects of litigation in complex commercial arbitration matter involving over $100 million.
- Trial counsel responsible for all aspects of litigation in defense of complex commercial litigation matter involving insurance-based RICO claims.
- National discovery counsel for an OEM on a variety of issues in product liability matters.
- Counsel for a multi-billion-dollar customs dispute concerning tariff classification and import of cargo to the United States.
- Defense counsel for global consumer brands in trademark dilution and infringement and infringement litigation.
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Lindsay was at Fink Bressack. Lindsay also practiced at a large Detroit area law firm, where she represented clients in federal and state courts.
Lindsay received her J.D. from the American University Washington College of Law in 2005. During law school, she received the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence, the Dean’s Award for Student Leadership, and the John Sherman Myers Award. She was also the Editor-in-Chief and founding member of the Business Law Brief. Lindsay received her B.A. in Economics and Political Science, with honors, from Vanderbilt University.
Honors & Awards
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star
Michigan Super Lawyers, Top Female Litigator
Legal Aid and Defender Association, Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Hour Detroit, Top Women Attorneys in Michigan
DBusiness, Top Lawyer
State Bar of Michigan, Civil Procedure & Courts Committee, Business Law, Litigation
Massachusetts Bar Association
Federal Bar Association of the Eastern District of Michigan, Member
American Bar Association
Detroit Bar Association
“Preserving Trade Secrets” American Bar Association Emerging Issues in Motor Vehicle Products Liability Litigation, Panelist
Defense Research Institute (DRI) Class Action Compendium, Author (2011)
“Sometimes The Best Defense Is a Good Offense: The Use of Bell Atlantic, Inc. v. Twombly” DRI
Favorite Vacation: Bora Bora
Guilty Pleasure: Anything on Bravo
Has two daughters