Business and Commercial
National Coordinating Discovery
The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
The University of Alabama, M.S., Civil Engineering, 2012
The University of Alabama, B.S., Civil Engineering, 2011
Alabama State Courts
Texas State Courts
*Currently practicing under the supervision of Michigan-barred attorneys. Licensed in Texas and Alabama.
Lane Morrison focuses his practice on product liability litigation and discovery. He has extensive experience representing automotive and heavy truck manufacturers in catastrophic personal injury cases, insurers and other national corporations in complex commercial disputes, and architects and engineers in professional liability claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national environmental service provider in complex commercial contract dispute over wastewater processing practices.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of railroad service corporation against allegations of conversion relating to metal products.
- Facilitated favorable settlement for regional wireless service provider of multiple consumer actions involving identity theft allegations.
Before joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Lane was a commercial litigation associate at McDowell Hetherington in Houston, TX. At McDowell Hetherington, Lane represented corporate clients, including various insurers, in complex litigation. Lane was also previously an associate at Lightfoot, Franklin & White in Birmingham, AL where he represented various manufacturers in product liability disputes and other corporate clients in complex commercial disputes. He has also served as in-house claims coverage counsel at Kemper Insurance, where he helped oversee good-faith handling of personal home and auto insurance claims.
Lane received his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law, where he was an Articles Editor for the Alabama Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. He was also a member of the Labor & Employment Moot Court Team. He holds an undergraduate and master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Alabama.
Honors / Awards
Order of the Coif
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) State Civil Engineering Student of the Year (2010).
University of Alabama’s Most Outstanding Civil Engineering Senior (2011) and Sophomore (2008).
Alabama State Bar, Member
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
- Note, Equalizing the “Great Equalizer”: The Alabama Accountability Act and the Quest to Find a Model for Education Improvement Through Choice, 66 Ala. L. Rev. 1169 (2015).
- Translating Transportation Data between Dissimilar-Resolution Linear Referencing Systems, Transportation Research Board 92nd Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, 2013.
For the Community
Lane has represented multiple individual tenants in wrongful eviction proceedings. He previously served as a board member for Volunteer Lawyers Birmingham in Birmingham, Alabama, which is one of the State’s largest providers of pro-bono legal services.
Favorite Vacation: Italy (Rome, Siena, Florence, Venice)
Favorite Podcast: Revisionist History
Hobbies: Enjoys traveling with his wife, Madison, and lounging with their French Bulldog, Stella