Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
BSP is a diverse law firm dedicated to maintaining a work environment that is inclusive of our differences. We believe that the diverse backgrounds of our lawyers and staff foster creativity and innovation that enable us to provide a higher level of service to our clients. When selecting experts, court reporters, and other outside vendors, we make it a priority to consider diversity. Our team, comprised of experienced professionals, delivers results generally associated with larger firms, while still providing the personal attention and cost efficiency of a smaller, specialized firm.
- Law Firm Anti-Racism Alliance
- BSP is a member of the Law Firm Anti-Racism Alliance.
- The purpose of this organization is to “leverage the resources of the private bar in partnership with legal services organizations to amplify the voices of communities and individuals oppressed by racism, to better use the law as a vehicle for change that benefits communities of color and to promote racial equity in the law.”
- The Belonging Project
- BSP is a member of The Belonging Project.
- This is put on by Seyfarth and is “…a national effort to support and build community among diverse law students, attorneys, and their allies to combat the impact of COVID-19 on diversity in the profession.”
- Through this initiative we will contribute to the network and growth of diverse professionals in law.
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Founding Member Cheryl Bush is involved in this organization.
- Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement
- Lena Gonzalaez is a member
- Hispanic Bar Association of Michigan (HBAM)
- One of BSP’s associates, Lena Gonzalez, is on the Board of Directors.
- Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Michigan, Diversity Committee
- Cheryl Bush is a member.
- Michigan Muslim Bar Association (MMBA)
- Moheeb Murray, one of BSP’s members, is the former vice president.
- BSP regularly sponsors, participates and donates to MMBA events.
- Oakland County Bar Association, Diversity Committee
- Lena Gonzalez is a member.
- Lena attends monthly meetings to discuss evolving diversity, equality, and inclusion topics in the legal field. July’s meeting focused on hiring and retaining diverse legal candidates and included an expert panel discussion.
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Cheryl Bush and Stephanie Douglas are sustaining members.
- Lena Gonzalez and Susan McKeever are members.
September 15th marked the start of Hispanic Heritage Month, which is a time to celebrate Hispanic and Latinx/o/a American independence, culture, and heritage. Hispanic Americans are the largest minority group…
BSP Law is pleased to announce that it has been honored with the prestigious Houston Bar Association Diversity Award. This achievement showcases BSP Law's unwavering commitment to fostering diversity, equity,…
BSP Law Associate and Professional Development & Diversity Director Lena Gonzalez has been shortlisted for Diversity & Inclusion: Future Leader at the Chambers USA Awards 2023. These awards celebrate the…
On Friday afternoon, the BSP Law Charitable Foundation Joel Stern Scholarship was awarded to Viveca Burnette, a 2L law student at the Seattle University School of Law. Our team told…
Michigan Lawyers Weekly will host a webinar on Thursday, March 30 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM as part of their Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in the Legal Environment Series. This…
What We Stand For
- Attracting, recruiting, and maintaining a diverse workforce
- Creating work environment where all are included and valued
- Service and leadership roles in numerous bar associations
- Mentorship and clerkship opportunities to diverse law students
- Training and education programs for employees
- Networking opportunities for diverse attorneys and law students
- Pro-bono and community outreach