Auto Negligence / PIP
Business and Commercial
Discovery / Employee Depositions
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2016
Michigan State University, B.A., Social Relations and Policy, 2012
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Lena M. Gonzalez focuses her practice on complex commercial and auto-negligence litigation. Trial tested, she has represented corporate and individual clients in state and federal courts. Her background includes work in complex contract disputes, auto-insurance no-fault matters, product liability, employment discrimination, and discovery matters.
- Co-counsel for national medical services provider in complex multimillion-dollar professional services dispute involving claims of defamation, tortious interference with a contract, injurious falsehood, and breach of contract.
- Lead counsel for national insurance company in defense of false representations claims.
- Counsel for national rental vehicle company in defense of claims by providers for Michigan No-Fault Benefits.
- Secured dismissal of product liability action at pleading stage on behalf of a major automotive manufacturer.
- Represented automobile manufacturer as national discovery counsel team for product liability actions.
- Secured favorable resolution for an automotive supplier company against another supplier.
- Assisted in drafting successful motion for summary judgment defending an employment discrimination case resulting in dismissal of all claims against client employer.
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Lena worked as an Associate at Clark Hill PLC, where she was a part of the Immigration and Litigation Practice Groups. Lena also served as an intern at HealthCall and, within the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, interned for Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen and the Honorable Judge Julian Abele Cook, Jr. Lena was previously a law clerk at Gonzalez, Kadro & Mitchell PLLC.
Lena received her J.D., cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School. She was Dean’s Scholar and received several other honors during her exceptional academic career. As a member of Wayne Law’s Mock Trial team and the National Mock Trial team, she won the Texas Young Lawyers Association’s (TYLA) regional competition and competed as a finalist at the national competition in Texas. She also served as a member of the Transactional Law team, where she placed first in contract drafting and negotiations at the in-house competition at Wayne Law and first in drafting at the regional competition at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law.
During her time at Wayne Law, Lena also co-founded a program to organize a forum for high school students to discuss legal and social issues with local politicians and businessmen.
Lena received her B.A. in Social Relations and Policy with a minor in Spanish Language from Michigan State University’s James Madison College. There she was a member of the Executive Board, Vice President, for Alpha Kappa Psi, a professional business fraternity, and was a selected presenter for the Women and Gender undergraduate showcase.
Honors & Awards
American College of Trial Lawyers, Medal for Excellence in Advocacy
Detroit Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Section, Barristers, Barrister of the Year
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2020 – present
Texas Young Lawyer’s Association, Regional Champion
Wayne State University Law School, Silver Key Certificate
Wayne State University Law School Dean’s Scholar Program, 100 Percent Tuition Scholarship
Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement, Member
Detroit Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Section, Barristers, Board Member
Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Michigan, Member
Hispanic Bar Association of Michigan, Board of Directors
NAMWOLF, Emerging Leaders Committee and Liability PAC, Member
Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, Member
“Cutting Edge Techniques for Demonstrating Occupant Kinematics” (2020)
Hobbies: Baking, Baking, and Exploring
Favorite Place to Visit: Patagonia, Argentina
Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother
Favorite Band: The Killers