An Evening for a New Day
Who We Are:
BSP Law believes in giving back. Meaningful ongoing contributions to our communities are a distinguishing BSP Law value and part of the firm’s character since its founding. For example:
- BSP Law is proud to have a long-standing relationship with New Day Foundation for Families through support of their events.
- Patrick Seyferth is a member of New Day’s Advisory Board.
- In 2018, Patrick received the New Day Foundation for Families Matt Kell and Cathy Spehn Legacy Award.
About the Event
This year we are hosting “An Evening for a New Day” on Thursday, September 15, from 4:00 – 8:00 PM at The Detroit Golf Club in Detroit. The event will be outside on their beautiful patio and be a great night of cocktails, cigars, and a silent auction.
More About New Day
New Day Foundation for Families is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit co-founded by Michael and Gina (Kell) Spehn, in memory of their late spouses, Matt Kell and Cathy Spehn, who each lost a valiant battle with cancer. The mission of New Day is to improve treatment outcomes by alleviating the financial burden of cancer.
Through a growing network of hospitals across Michigan, New Day works with social workers and financial navigators to effectively qualify families and begin providing vital financial and emotional resources. New Day has successfully helped hundreds of patients maintain medical compliance and improve treatment outcomes.
The origins of New Day are told in Michael and Gina’s New York Times bestselling memoir, The Color of Rain, which also became a Hallmark Original movie in 2014.
By Donating, You Will…
- Make a direct impact on families fighting cancer (i.e. food/clothing, housing, medical insurance, auto expenses, utilities).
- Increase positive outcomes and survivorship of New Day families affected by a cancer diagnosis.
- Gain exposure to a new audience of potential customers and clients.
Help us reach our goal of
BSP Law Charitable Foundation hosted “An Evening for a New Day” on September 8, 2021. The event benefited New Day Foundation for Families, a non-profit organization with the mission of alleviating the financial burden of cancer. During the event, we had the honor of hearing Deputy K9 Officer Bob Loken talk about his battle with cancer, as well as his connection with 9-year-old cancer warrior Stephen Hohauser. It is with great sadness that we share that Bob passed away on January 8, 2022.
We send our deepest condolences to the Loken family and are grateful for the opportunity to have heard Bob speak about his journey. Check out the video below to hear Bob speak at our event last fall.
If you are interested in donating to the Loken Family or the Thomas Richards Charity, please click here.