Discovery / Employee Depositions
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2011
James Madison College at Michigan State University, B.A., Social Relations and Policy, with honors, 2007
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Andrew M. Mast focuses on product liability and discovery matters. His background includes extensive experience in automotive contract issues, product liability claims and lawsuits, regulation and complex e-discovery.
- Obtained a favorable decision for a Fortune 500 company following a formal inquiry by federal regulators.
- Secured a key ruling in favor of automotive manufacturer on critical trade secret issues.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in high-exposure automotive product liability case involving claims of traumatic brain injury.
- Successfully defended an electric vehicle manufacturer against a supplier’s breach of requirements contract claims.
- Defeated multimillion-dollar breach of contract claims against a steel manufacturer.
- Defeated class action certification in suit against a national analytics firm, while managing complex e-discovery.
- Coordinated voluminous electronic discovery and protected creditors’ interests in one of the largest Chapter 9 bankruptcies in U.S. history.
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Drew served as an Associate Litigation Attorney at Seyburn Kahn P.C. and Clark Hill PLC. In law school, he interned for the Honorable Gerald E. Rosen and the Honorable David M. Lawson of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Honorable Mary Ellen Brennan of the Oakland County Circuit Court.
Drew received his J.D., cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School in 2011. There he served as a Student Bar Association Representative and Student Executive Board Member for three years. He was also a Senior Note and Comment Editor and Voting Member of the Executive Board for the Wayne Law Review. Drew received his B.A. with honors in social policy from James Madison College at Michigan State University.
Honors & Awards
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch: Product Liability Litigation (2021)
Order of the Coif, Wayne State University Law School
Oakland County Bar Association, Member
State Bar of Michigan, Member
The Sedona Conference Working Group Series, Member
Andrew M. Mast, Note, Cost-Shifting in E-Discovery, 56 Wayne L. Rev. 1825
For the Community
The 313 Project, Advisory Board Member
National Eagle Scout Association, Lifetime Member and Contributor
Hobbies: History, Snowboarding, Fishing
Currently Reading: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari and How We Got Here: The Decade (The 1970s) that Brought You Modern Life by David Frum
Favorite Podcasts: BBC Radio 4: In Our Time and Joe Rogan Podcast