Discovery / Employee Depositions
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2011
James Madison College at Michigan State University, B.A., Social Relations and Policy, with honors, 2007
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan State Courts
Andrew M. Mast focuses on product liability and complex discovery matters. He has extensive experience in producing accurate and efficient results in sophisticated electronic discovery, as well as litigating automotive product liability, regulatory and contracts matters.
- Created and directed ediscovery defense strategies in multiple national class action matters.
- Obtained a favorable regulatory decision for a Fortune 500 company following a formal inquiry by a federal agency.
- Secured a key ruling in favor of an automotive manufacturer on critical trade secret issues.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in high-exposure automotive product liability case involving claims of traumatic brain injury.
- Successfully defended an electric vehicle manufacturer against a supplier’s breach of requirements contract claims.
- Defeated class action certification in suit against a national analytics firm, while managing complex e-discovery.
- Coordinated voluminous electronic discovery and protected creditors’ interests in one of the largest Chapter 9 bankruptcies in U.S. history.
Prior to joining Bush Seyferth PLLC, Drew served as an Associate Litigation Attorney at Seyburn Kahn P.C. and Clark Hill PLC. In law school, he interned for the Honorable Gerald E. Rosen and the Honorable David M. Lawson of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Honorable Mary Ellen Brennan of the Oakland County Circuit Court.
Drew received his J.D., cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School in 2011. There he served as a Student Bar Association Representative and Student Executive Board Member for three years. He was also a Senior Note and Comment Editor and Voting Member of the Executive Board for the Wayne Law Review. Drew received his B.A. with honors in social policy from James Madison College at Michigan State University.
Honors & Awards
Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch: Product Liability Litigation (2021 – present)
Wayne State University Law School, Order of the Coif
Defense Research Institute, Product Liability and Litigation Skills Committees
Federal Bar Association Eastern District of Michigan, Member
Oakland County Bar Association, Member
State Bar of Michigan, Member
The Sedona Conference Working Group Series, Member
“Navigating the Phantom ‘Defect’ Claim” DRI For the Defense, co-author (May 2022)
“Andrew M. Mast, Note, Cost-Shifting in E-Discovery,” 56 Wayne L. Rev. 1825
For the Community
The 313 Project, Advisory Board Member
National Eagle Scout Association, Lifetime Member and Contributor
Hobbies: History, Snowboarding, Fishing
Currently Reading: A Place of Great Safety by Hilary Mantel; Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow