Commercial Motor Vehicle Litigation & Counseling
BSP applies its depth of product liability experience to represent commercial motor vehicle manufacturers and transportation entities against claims of personal injury or commercial liability. BSP’s Commercial Motor Vehicle practice defends manufacturers, national leasing companies and national logistics companies against product liability and automobile accident claims. BSP also handles supplier disputes and cost recovery matters for several commercial motor vehicle manufacturers.
Pre-suit, BSP conducts an assessment and provides thoughtful direction and advice for an efficient but aggressive litigation strategy. In cases that go to suit, BSP’s lawyers apply their trial-ready skills to prepare the case for an optimal client outcome, whether it be summary disposition, favorable settlement, or final verdict.
- Commercial supply disputes
- Cost-recovery litigation
- ESI/discovery coordination
- Interpretation and application of the Michigan No-Fault Statute
- Personal injury litigation
- Product liability, including advanced technologies
Commercial Motor Vehicle Experience Includes:
- Counsel OEMs on advanced technologies, including cameras and autonomy
- Counsel and defend OEMs in product liability tort matters
- Counsel OEMs and transportation companies’ commercial disputes
- Counsel and defend international transportation companies on automobile tort matters
- Counsel and defend national do-it-yourself moving and vehicle rental company
- Counsel on Michigan no-fault insurance and its effect on national transportation companies
- Handle national discovery coordinating counsel
- Handle class action litigation affecting national transportation
- Counsel for leading truck manufacturer in $80 million supply dispute.
- Michigan statewide counsel for leading national do-it-yourself moving and vehicle-rental company for insurance coverage, tort liability, and commercial litigation matters.
- Advise trucking OEM on product-liability matters relating to driver-assist and other advanced technologies.
- Counsel for trucking OEM in a product liability lawsuit relating to advanced crash sensing and crash mitigation technologies.
- Michigan counsel for national over the road trucking company for tort liability, insurance and commercial litigation matters.
- Daimler Trucks North America
- Detroit Diesel Corporations
- The Linde Group